Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Beginning of the end

I spent the day trying to not clean up the apartment, and was mostly successful. But, I did give in and vacuum and spot clean the floor (cat vomit...as predicted?).

So, in a matter of minutes (under 100) we're going to ring in a new year. 2009. This is the year I turn 30. This is the year I become a mother to a birthed baby (see, I recognize that having a fetus inside technically makes me a mother, and for this reason I'm going to give Eli the heads up that he needs to properly honor this for Mother's Day--May 10).

I also have goals for this year:

1. Finish Little Women. Seriously. 365 days to finish 40 pages. No problem. I'm pretty sure I've been trying to finish this book since October...

2. Read more for fun. Recently, I've spent a lot of time reading non-fiction with the intent of learning new things (which, I admit, is fun), specifically about pregnancy and child-rearing. What I want to do is get some brain mush from reading fiction. I suppose audio books count.

3. Have a baby. Not really a goal, right? Sure it is.

4. Spend more time in the crafty arts. I got all these stamp sets for Christmas and am itching to use them. And I'm having a baby, so there's plenty of baby crafts that I would like to try before I get too busy taking care of an actual baby.

5. Take a class to learn something new. Childbirth classes may or may not count. I'll make that decision next December 31.

6. Watch less television. In fact, I would be okay if we ditched cable altogether. Or if we got rid of the TV. I'm pretty much all caught up on past seasons of NCIS, and there's nothing on now that makes me want to follow it as closely as I followed Alias.

Tonight, we had some friends over to play board games. We played Settlers of Catan. This is a game that I first experienced when we lived in Waco--played it with the McCarvers--but hadn't played again until last week. I got it for Christmas and introduced the fam to it. Tonight, we played and used an expansion pack! It was pretty entertaining. In fact, we were supposed to wrap thing up around 9, but played until after 10. Good times.

Eli's going hunting in the morning and he better come back with meat! Time is running out! And then I won't see him until Saturday after he gets back from New Orleans (Sugar Bowl). I will have the entire apartment to myself to ring in the new mess...and the new year.

Have a blessed new year!

No comments: