Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Waves of Boredom

Happy New Year!

I tried to sleep in this morning, but I just wasn't tired. I only made it to 8 o'clock. Eli was up and at 'em, getting his belongings together to be gone for two days. He went hunting this afternoon. No meat. :( And then he drove to Mobile. I won't see him again until Saturday sometime. And he's bringing lil' sis with him, as she'll be on her way back to Duke for the semester.

I'm not ready to go back to school, but man was I bored today. I decided to take a pattern for a stuffed bunny and morph it into a beaver. Why? Who knows. I was bored. So, here's the pictures of my stuffed animal. He's a tag toy. I was inspired by the Taggie line of toys that you can find on amazon.com.

From the back:



And, from the front:



I stitched the cute face all by myself. And now, I'm tired of sewing. I spent yesterday making blankets for some friends who are having boy/girl twins any day now.



And then I used the extra fabric to make the beaver. A Baylor beaver, if you will.

I'm lonely. And I'm bored. And I'm now able to feel the little one kick around my insides, and frankly it's just weird. I felt it for the first time two days ago. I had definitely not felt anything like it before.

And the cats are so clingy. I can't sit down without them sitting on me (and the baby).

I would already be in bed except I was waiting for Eli to call and let me know that he made it to Mobile safely. He's called. Now I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Stacey Greenawalt said...

WOW! The beaver turned out great! Super cute embroidered face. I'm so proud of you :-)

Cheryl said...

The beaver looks so good! I am sorry that you were bored and lonely. You know my solution for that. We are lonely without YOU too. It is definitely my heart's desire these days. And I meant to ask you about the baby moving and called you back to do so. No answer, so I'm glad you mentioned it again. I guess I'll miss that part of this time of your life too. I guess I'm as clingy as those cats!