Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ill

I'm sick. Sick like I haven't been in the nearly 8.5 years Eli and I have been together. I would definitely remember something like this.

Eli, who is never sick, came home from work sick at lunch on Wednesday and then took Thursday off to be close to his commode of choice. I was doing fine, glad for my good immune system, until 5:30 this morning when I woke up and had to make a mad dash for the bathroom. Strangely enough, Eli also had to make a mad dash to the other bathroom about 2 minutes later, so I'm glad that we are in a 2-bath apartment, or it could have been ugly. Thankfully he has been spared the nausea.

I haven't eaten anything all day because I can't keep it down. And if I could keep it down, I wouldn't be able to keep it in, if you know what I mean. I have been able to feel baby move around, so that's comforting mostly--she doesn't know what's going on, but does probably know that I'm dehydrated. At other times, she's kicking and I'm thinking don't do that or I'll be sorry...and I have been.

I'm already making tentative plans to skip work tomorrow...we'll see how I'm feeling around 6 o'clock tonight. If I don't go, this will be the first time I missed work on a sick day and was actually sick.

Eli just got back from the drug store with some Pedialyte and ginger ale. I think I'll drink some of that and then see if I can keep down some plain toast. Ugh.

No comments: