Thursday, December 4, 2008

Five to Drive

Tonight was the second set of basketball games for the season, and again, the gym was very warm...too warm. I was all pink-cheeked just from sitting still and keeping the clock (I did get excited about some of it, but mostly it was just warm). Tonight I brought water for the refs (different set of officials), and even put it in the faculty refrigerator today so it would be cold. I didn't even get a thank you. Can't win them all, I'm afraid.

The only bad thing about basketball season is that it takes place into the darkness. Tuesday was the first time I had to drive home in the dark on those weaving back roads. Tonight was the second. And I'm not sure what happened, but by the time I got off of the winding back roads and onto the main roads that would take me home, I started to feel queasy...motion sick. I made it home without getting physically sick in the car, and now I'm sitting in bed typing this with one eye closed to minimize the motion.

So, here's what I'm thankful for today: between now and the end of January, there are only five more sets of basketball games. That means that I only have five more times when I have to drive home from LaFayette in the dark. It really is a scary drive.