Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Scrooge

I don't even particularly like Dickens' Christmas Carol, but this is the second night in a row that Eli and I are watching some version on TV. Last night was an old BBC version (I think) and tonight is the Patrick Stewart version. Eli commented on how the dialogue is remarkably similar. You think? :)

I sort of feel like a Scrooge this year. We're not putting up a Christmas tree, and we haven't decorated at all. I thought about it, but it just seems like a lot of effort for a little bit of appreciation--I'm going to be gone until Christmas Eve, and we're leaving late the day after Christmas to go to family Christmas in Mobile. Now, Eli may decide he wants to put up a tree after all when he goes hunting this weekend (he chopped ours down last year from a field where he hunts), but I'll be gone, so...less work for me. Haha.

On a completely different topic, I should be packing for my trip to Texas. I'm leaving straight from school tomorrow to go to B'ham and stay the night with Eli's brother, waking up early Friday to fly to Texas. As I said, I should be packing. However, I came home from school and fell asleep. Then Eli came home with free tickets to the Auburn basketball game tonight, so we had a quick dinner and went. We stayed through halftime, and then came home because the opposing team only scored 11 points in the first half. I just can't stand it when there's not an actual game being played. I love basketball, but this one-sided stuff is not fun to watch--from either side. I don't care if we're winning or losing; I came to watch basketball, not a slaughterhouse.

And mostly I haven't done anything. Wait, wait, wait. That's not true. I cleaned out my car. Hah! Not an entirely wasted evening. But I think I still have to wake up early to pack. Luckily, I have already made my packing list so I don't forget anything uber important.

To bed I go. I'm thankful we came home from the game early so that I could catch some Zs tonight. (Last night I woke up crying because I had a bizarre dream that Eli said something mean to me and made me cry. I also had a dream that I stepped in a mud pit, which was our bed, and I couldn't understand how our bed became full of mud. It was boggling.) Here's to a better night's sleep!

No comments: