Wednesday, December 24, 2008

100th Post

This is my 100th post! Crazy! It's come up so quickly.

I'm off the road and in the home and glad to be here. I enjoyed the time I spent with my family in Texas, but I missed my husband and my cats.

Today, on the plane, there were service men headed home for the holidays. The flight attendant acknowledged them as we landed in B'ham. I couldn't help it. I cried. Think of all the men and women who won't be home for the holidays--so that I can be.

I'm thankful for our military.

Merry Christmas, Captain Millsap! And Merry Christmas to all our service men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thank you for all you do!

2 comments:

Kerry Duty said...

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the sacrifices made by our troops, especially during the holidays. My sister is in Baghdad right now which puts a bit of a damper on Christmas. I, too, get teary when I hear service people get a special shout out.

Deena said...

I couldn't have said it better! I too am so thankful for the freedom we have because of the men and women who protect our country!