Sunday, December 7, 2008

Two for Tebow

We went to church and took the in-laws with us this morning. It was a good day. Lots of food, and you know I love free food.

Our SEC Championship party last night was great. People from church, work, and some neighbors came over and stayed for a little while, mostly everyone was not cheering for Bama (but not really for Florida either). Haha. Our apartment was packed to the gills during the first half. The Bowens brought the boys, and little J just LOVED the cats. J was so excited. He was jumping up and down and clapping his hands. Poor Timmy. It's funny that J wanted to befriend the mean cat. I guess Timmy's just big and fluffy--I can see how that would be appealing if I didn't otherwise know his temperament. He kept running under the bed, and J would ask, "Where'd he go?" and "Can he come out now?" He's two. It was difficult to explain to him that he was scaring the the poor creature. Coco was available for petting, but J just wasn't interested. That's okay, because the other women present were happy to pet him and his soft "ripply" fur.

Anyway, the game was good. I was extremely impressed by Tim Tebow. I've heard all this praise for him but had never seen him in action. Wow! If I had it my way, he would win the Heisman back-to-back. He's that good. I don't usually care, but you have to admire exceptional skillz. Even Jon R. from church commented that we were good Bama fans. I think he really meant that we're good sports. And that, we are, proudly.

Thanks today for our new friends in Auburn/Opelika. This is probably the fastest we have made friends and gotten involved in the community since we've been married. That makes me happy. ::sniff:: We're growing up.

Oh, and happy (?) Pearl Harbor Day.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Erin! Yes, I do check your blog at work (I don't have home internet anymore, so I have to do all my online stuff at work). It's one of my "check every day" bookmarks. :)