Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh, Baby!

I'm thankful for healthy babies.

Went to the OB today for an ultrasound. Heartbeat 141. Everything looks good. Of course, they don't guarantee 100% that there are no problems (obviously--who could give a guarantee like that?)... History of heart formation problems in my family and spina bifida in Eli's family, but she said that there weren't any apparent major or minor indicators. It was neat to see all four chambers of the heart.

Little Baby Beaver kept moving while the tech tried to measure everything that needed to be measured. Finally, we saw the baby with one hand curled up next to the chest, and one arm bent over the forehead, woe-is-me style. I said, "Hey, sometimes I sleep like that."

So, we have confirmation that there is a baby in there--a baby with arms and legs and fingers and toes and kidneys and a bladder and a four-chamber heart and a chin and a gorgeous spine. I would scan pictures except that for some reason our scanner is not working.

We spent the evening on the Internet looking at baby names having to throw many out because the combination of the first name with the Beaver surname was not...appropriate? There's so many good names that are utterly unusable.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

YEAH!! I just commented on facebook, that you better tell the sex : ) Well, with Hannah and Caleb, I started with the same doc in Waco, she did ultrasounds at like 6-8wks to confirm pregnancy and to get a really accurate due date. So i thought everyone did ultrasounds this early, until this baby. I asked if they did them, and they said, yeah, but I think they do them is something is questionable. So I told them all my trouble with Caleb, and so they're gonna do one early. YEAH. I just want to know how many babes are there : ) Twins is in the family, and well 1 at a time is the way to go! So excited for yall! Are you feeling the baby move yet?? I think with Hannah and Caleb is was like 21-22 weeks. A little earlier with Caleb.

Cheryl said...

You did neglect to say whether you were looking at names for a boy or for a girl. See you next week!

Deena said...

Catlin and Allison do have "Grandma Blankets."

Misty said...

Can you at least TELL us if you are withholding the sex. You say you know it, and I know currently you are withholding it, but are you planning to the whole time, or are you waiting for a big moment to announce?? :)