Sunday, December 21, 2008

No Deer

No, dear, there were no deer harmed this weekend. At least, not by any of my relatives-by-marriage.

And this means that there are only five more weeks of hunting season in which my hunter has the opportunity to go out and get some meat to last us until next winter.

I have thoroughly enjoyed myself the last two days watching movies that Eli would never rent but that I knew Julie would buy. So, I watched Step Up 2: The Streets, which I really liked--even better than the original; Another Cinderella Story, which was pretty good; and Mamma Mia! which I thought would have been better on stage and which deserved a PG-13 rating. I was kinda glad that the niece and nephew weren't here to watch it because a lot of the humor was inappropriate for children, and a lot of it was inappropriate for mixed audiences (let alone sitting here watching it with my dad).

Today was a lazy day where I sat around working on homework (don't ask) and reading a book that I got Mom for Christmas last year but had never read.

Tomorrow? Perhaps I will head to Waco, look around campus, stop in the bookstore. I was hoping Daphne would be free for lunch, but she's otherwise occupied at her mother's house in Austin. Oh, well. And I thought Kat might want to hang out, but she's in a state of radio silence for who knows what reasons. No phone, no e-mail, no facebook. Whatever. I'll have to see if the Seabourns are headed to this side of the Metroplex in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Crissy and Kevin said...

The kids and I are available- we would have loved to ride with you to waco- if you have time lets have coffee- i Have something for your baby girl -crissy