Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas.

What a good day! I woke up early after going to bed really early last night and read a little bit. The power went out for a while, and during that time I went to the Hulen Mall and had lunch with Crissy and her children.

Now, I'm not one to usually fuss over children, and I generally don't think babies are as special as their mommies, but--Crissy's little girl, at 6 months old, is the cutest, prettiest, happiest baby I have ever met. Even when she was unhappy she still was beautiful. And their little boy has such a mechanical mind. He had a little bedhead that Crissy apologized for, but I had to laugh, because so did I. I just covered my bedhead/cowlick (mostly) by pulling my hair back into a pathetic little pony tail. Anyway, props to Crissy and Kevin on such an adorable duo.

Crissy was also so sweet and brought us some firsts: our first outfit for Baby Beaver, our first baby-themed picture frame, and our first Christmas card from Texas this year. I always look forward to their Christmas letter every year because they never fail to make me laugh.

And tonight was family Christmas on Christmas Eve eve. This is the first time we've ever done Christmas so early, but my departure tomorrow made it necessary since David has to work in the morning.

I love my family, but I must admit that I'm ready to get back to my husband and my home...and I guess, the cats too.

I'm thankful for my family and my friends and the time I've had in Texas.

No comments: