Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Same ol' same ol'...floors.

So, Eli comes home from work today and tells me that now, when people greet him, the first question they ask is, "How's Erin doing?" He said that he tells them that aside from the expanding waist measurement, I'm doing the same as always.

And that's how I feel. The same as always. It's weird. I have a little shortness of breath when I try to stoop over and pick things up (or bend over and load/unload the dryer). But physiologically, I'm just fine. Mom asked me if the hormones were getting to me yet. Nope. I've always cried at Hallmark movies. I guess I do get a little more emotional when I hear about terrible things that happen to babies/children, but I think that may just be the result of this new hyper-awareness.

Now, I did wake up in the middle of the night last night with the reality that once I have this baby, I'm going to have to keep my floors much cleaner. (I had a dream about the baby crawling on the wide open floor directly to a pile of cat vomit that just appeared out of nowhere before I could clean it up...ugh.) I'll have to vacuum more often and sweep and mop more often. This is something I am not really looking forward to.

2 comments:

Deena said...

Oh, a little dirt never hurt anyone!

Beaver said...

Dirt? No. Cat litter...well. And it was a timely mention of cat vomit because I spent the whole morning cleaning up such chuck. Timmy is not feeling well...