Saturday, December 13, 2008

.5

Happy half birthday to me! Today, I'm officially halfway to my next birthday. I told Eli today that this means there's no turning back.

In celebration of this lovely day, I woke up, bummed around on the Internet for a little while, and then went back to sleep until noon. It was lovely. When I woke up, I showered, and then Eli and I went shopping for ingredients to make pizzelles. So, today we had a surprise free food trip that I hadn't counted on yesterday, when we went to Sam's Club--completely forgetting that Saturday is free sample day. Yum.

I came home and made some pizzelles. They turned out well. I burned a whole lot of them, but I ended up with about 5 dozen that were presentable. I forgot to take a picture of my cookies arranged all pretty on the platter that I took to church (and consequently brought home empty), but I did take a picture of the cookies that we'll be eating at home and taking to the in-laws in Mobile tomorrow. Yes, I'm willing to take them the mistake cookies. They'll still love me. :)



We went to the Victorian Front Porch Tour tonight. While my life is not changed for the better as a result of my attending, I am glad that we got out of the house and drank in some of the Christmas spirit. We're not decorating this year, so it was nice to experience others' decoration and holly-jolly attitudes. We walked around with the Bowens, and then went back to the church for some cookies and cider.

Now, I'm home, and I'm ready for bed. And I'll go just as soon as I show you this. I came across this picture as I was uploading the pizzelle picture; it's from two weeks ago on a lazy Saturday afternoon--the one where we stayed in our PJs all day. For those of you who have never met our old man Timmy, this is him. He hates it when people touch his belly, and he can't stand to be on his back for any length of time...except for this magical day (Eli is the real magic--he would never do this for me). He stayed like this for 20 plus minutes:



Today, I'm thankful for lazy Saturdays and [free] reasons to get out of the house.

Cheers.

No comments: