Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Spew, hurl, vomit...you get the picture

Before I get into the meat of the post, I just want to say how proud I am of myself for keeping up with blogging every day so far this month (knock on wood). Next week I go to San Antonio for the National Writing Project Annual Meeting, and I'm afraid that I'm going to mess this up! What a month to try this!

On to my topic. I am the kind of person who does not like to be sick (and by sick, I'm talking about vomiting). In fact, I will do everything I can to not get sick. And this is why it was such a blessing that I did not suffer from morning sickness at all. It happens so infrequently that I can remember the last time it happened...usually. Until this past March, I had been married for 5 years and in that time Eli had never had to witness my illness in this manner. (He, however, was sick during the first couple months of marriage, and that was the last time.)

In March, I ran the Azalea Trail Run in Mobile. It's a 10k, and I decided to run the entire thing instead of taking walk breaks. Well, they only had water on the course (instead of maybe just ONE Power-Ade stop??? Really, is that asking too much?) and I drank a little at every stop. At the finish, I pushed myself across the finish line with a final burst of speed. And when I stopped dead because the course ran out, all the water came up on the pavement right in the middle of everyone while I was still in the finishers' chute. It was pretty gross, but I was glad Eli wasn't around (he finished before me) to witness. Everyone else saw, yes, but they were strangers who I will never see again.

**APPETITE SPOILER** DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.

Well, this morning I inhaled my asthma medicine (from the inhaler) and then I coughed and accidentally swallowed some of the medicine, and then I emptied the contents of my stomach for the first time since March . Thankfully(?), I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. I just had all the drainage from my sinuses. Yes, too much information, but brutally honest. It was gross. And I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon. Yuck.

I suppose this all comes up (no pun intended) because Coco has also been sick, and Eli sorta has him paper-trained as to where he loses his lunch (on the newspapers by the door). The poor cat is so melancholy and pathetic. Eli told me that I must have what Coco has, but I don't think so since this so far is a one-time occurrence on my part.

Poor Coco.

No comments: