Sunday, November 2, 2008

Goodbye Daylight Savings

It would have been nice to have an extra hour of sleep this morning had I slept the extra hour. However, I woke up at 6:50 a.m., which was really 5:50 a.m. I couldn't go back to sleep since I fell asleep early last night, and unfortunately missed the miraculous end to the Texas v. Texas Tech game, the game that will probably push Alabama into the #1 spot in the rankings.

Speaking of Alabama, when we were at church today, pastor Scott told us that there was a picture of Eli and me published in the church newsletter that was causing quite a stir. I suppose it couldn't have been more scandalous in these parts. We were both wearing our Bama shirts at the Fall Festival last weekend (marital solidarity) in a sea of Auburn fans. And of all the families they could have put in the newsletter, they put us. (The online version of the newsletter is different from the print version. In the online version, they also put our picture and a little blurb about us being new members.)



I'm not photogenic, and usually neither is Eli, so you have to forgive our cheese. And my rear looks huge from this angle. I was sitting on Eli's lap so I wouldn't have to sit on the hay bales (to which I'm allergic).

Okay, I really have to clean house now or Eli is going to kill me.

No comments: