Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jog

Now I am vegetating on my couch at home, glad to be done traveling. In fact, this is actually fortuitous that I'm home because I turned on the TV and the finale episode of NCIS season 2 where Kate is killed was on. I've never seen the episode since we lived in Tuscaloosa for 3 years without CBS. And now the Season 3 premiere is on and I'm going to be sad because Ducky is sad, and everyone else. But it's more sad when an old British guy is sad.

Somewhere on the 1.5-hour flight from Houston Hobby to Birmingham I realized that I hadn't seen my keys since Thursday morning and started to panic. Had I left them in the hotel room? Were they in my suitcase? I didn't know. But I went ahead and made mental plans for survival. Of course, my suitcase was the last one to be loaded onto the baggage claim belt, so in its absence I started making plans for survival without my luggage. But luckily everything worked out: my suitcase made it to B'ham, and my keys were in the very bottom of the front pocket that was otherwise stuffed with books and papers. Crisis averted.

Hunting season opened this weekend, so I came home to an empty house. Eli is out at the hunting camp, though I don't know if he drove last night or this morning. And since I don't know when he departed, I can't estimate when he hunted, and can't even begin to guess when he'll be home. So, it's me and my boys.

And, lastly, Diane bought Twilight at the B'ham airport on the way out and finished it last night, so she gave me her copy when we got to the airport this morning. So, I'm going to finally get on the bandwagon and read it. I'm only afraid that the sequels will be checked out of the local library, and I don't have the money to buy them! What am I going to do??? Despite these concerns, I started it on the plane and got 75 pages into it.

And now I'm going to read until I can't read anymore. Catch you on the other side.

No comments: