Friday, November 28, 2008

Baby Talk and Talk and Talk and...

Yesterday's Thanksgiving celebration at Bev's was wonderful. I just love being around the whole Beaver clan. Baby Charlie was so cute, and I didn't have to hold him. Two good things. Eli did hold him--all eyes were on him, and I think the verdict was that he's going to be a good daddy. I have no doubt. (They may be doubting my potential since I declined holding him on a couple occasions. I just don't hold other peoples' babies.)

Bev said she was glad that we made a playmate for Charlie so he won't be all by himself at family gatherings (he's five years younger than their next youngest, who is the youngest "legitimate" cousin). It's weird that Baby Beaver and Charlie will only be 9 months apart. And they won't know how they're related, so they'll just call each other cousins, because, hey, why not?

I think I'm going to run into this more and more though--whenever a group of women get together around me, they're going to start reminiscing about pregnancy, delivery, and their babies (who are now mostly grown). I couldn't start a conversation about anything else yesterday without it gradually changing into a discussion about babies. I kept trying to talk to the girls about the good books they've read (they're teenagers and they're readers--they recommend the Twilight series beyond the first book), but the mothers and aunts kept coming in and getting excited about baby talk. Ugh.

And I think I'm going to start telling fibs about whether or not I had morning sickness because I don't like to get violent. If I get another dirty look when I say that I wasn't sick at all, it's going to be a throw down, mano a mano.

Oh, and did I hear Eli telling people yesterday that he was terrified when they asked if he was excited? Geez. This is the first I'm hearing of this! Haha. I asked him if he was being funny or serious. He said both. I can live with that.

No comments: