Thursday, November 26, 2009

Quiddle me this!

Elsie did not sleep well last night at the g'parents' house. She was cold, even in her fleece pajamas, so she kept waking up. Finally, this morning we brought her into the king-sized bed (because there was plenty of room) to warm her up. It is always so cold at the in-laws' house. Even in the summer I bring a sweatshirt to wear when we're there. Anyway...

We spent the morning watching the parade on TV, and prepping for lunch. We didn't sit down to lunch until 1 p.m, and left to come back home at 1:40. It was a short visit, but it was good. Everyone got a good dose of Elsie time. While we ate lunch, she sat on the floor in the living room watching whatever colorful show was on the TV and playing with her pacifier. She sat up the whole time! No toppling backwards and hitting her head on the floor. It was funny as we heard her talking to herself and giving her pacifier what for. My cute girl.

We got back into town around 5 and Eli went and picked up one of our dinner guests. The other arrived shortly after Eli came back. Both are young men from church who didn't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving. We had a fantastic time talking and getting to know each other better. The architecture student had to get back to the studio and get to work (which is why he didn't go home for Thanksgiving), but the other gentleman stayed and wanted to play a game with us.

I was happy to oblige, since I love playing games and since Eli won't play with just me, dragging out every single board game and card game that I could find. I haven't had the games out at all since we moved into this apartment, so it was great. In searching through the games we came across a few that had never been opened, so we ended up playing Quiddler, a card word game I picked up on the cheap back when I worked at the bookstore. Eli started out dominating the game, but I ended up winning. I love word games.

So, now it's bedtime.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm reminded how thankful I am for my family that raised me, for the family I procured through marriage, and for the family I acquired through friendships. Love you all. Thank you, Lord.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

So, the real question is, do you love word games because you're good at it and will usually win???