Friday, November 6, 2009

More than just Wii bowling

The seventh grade incentive trip was today. We took all the kids who behaved for the first 9 weeks to the bowling alley. It has been a loooong time since I've been bowling for real. And though I bowled a respectable 116 and 106 (in that order), it will be a while before I bowl again. I reinjured my hand/wrist. My family will remember that when Elsie was 8-9 weeks old, I somehow injured my left hand/wrist from holding her awkwardly. I asked the doctor about it when I was there getting my thyroid checked, but she said there wasn't anything she could do. Ice and heat, and that's it. It eventually healed. And then I bowled the first frame of the second game and pain shot through my fingers and up my arm. I knew I had done something wrong. And yet, I still continued to bowl. I know. I'm a little competetive. I had to break 100 in the second game. Gladly, I was the highest scoring female teacher, second highest scoring overall. Not too shabby.

I'll have more to tell you tomorrow about my summer job for 2010.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Motorcycle grandma said...

The last time I bowled I ended up with tendonitis in my right elbow! I ignored it til I injured my left elbow keeping my motorcycle from dropping (resulting in tendonitis)and wound up getting a cortisone shot in each elbow. All better now.

Craig-Jen said...

You bowl better than me!!! But if you knew how I bowled, you'd know that that isn't necessarily a compliment...I obviously play for fun only. *grin*