Sunday, November 15, 2009

Early

I'm going to go ahead and finish up my daily post because I have a TON of papers to grade before progress reports tomorrow.

Today is our church's Thanksgiving Luncheon. They have it every year a week or two before the actual holiday so that the college students can be included (they eat free). Everyone brings a side or a dessert.

Well, yesterday I was thinking about what I should bring, when I remembered that I have this Peterbrooke Chocolate Truffle Cake kit that I've been meaning to use. So, Eli ran to the store and got the eggs, and after game night last night at a friend's house, I came home and made the cake.

At least, I put the ingredients together.

Forty minutes later, when it was time to take the cake out of the oven, I was a smidge surprised that the entire center of the cake had fallen in. Shucks. I figured I would still take it. It was made with espresso powder and milk chocolate, butter, sugar, and eggs. I won't eat it at home (coffee/coffe flavor = gross). I may just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and pray no one notices the BIG HOLE in the middle.

Which reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, except that this cake is not a Bundt cake. "I fixed it!" (The aunt puts a flower pot in the middle of the cake to fix the hole.)

I'll talk to you all tomorrow. In the meantime, you can jaunt over to CatchLight Photography on Facebook to see a couple of Elsie's six-month pictures. Or you can see the proofs online, for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

I saw the pictures and Elsie is so beautiful!