Monday, June 22, 2009

B.A.

After church in Mobile last Sunday, we went to Mellow Mushroom with my in-laws and the Sunday school class that they lead. I'm sitting there just looking around and I see a seemingly familiar face. I stare until the guy looks back at me and then it clicks, and I ask Eli, "Is that BA over there?"

After I graduated and after Eli had been dating for a while, he was telling a story about going on choir tour in high school, the shenanigans the boys would pull in the hotels, and he mentioned a guy named BA. I told him that that was funny because when I was in college I also knew someone everyone called BA. Upon further probing, it turned out that it was the same BA. And there he was, sitting in a booth at Mellow Mushroom in Mobile. I hadn't seen him in at least 9 years. Small world.

In fact, BA lived across the street from us when I lived in #17 with JT, and tomorrow I'm going to see JT in Atlanta. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Crissy and Kevin said...

love the mellow mushrrom- kev's brother used to work at the one in ft worth, and how funny that you would run into BA!

RedCurlGirl said...

just blog-walking...and i've enjoyed the blog :)