Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Go Bears!

So we woke up Saturday and got our act together in time to watch the Baylor men's basketball game on TV. Eli informed me before the game that should Baylor win, they would be coming to Auburn on Tuesday. Baylor won. We started planning. :)

Today at work, someone gave Eli free tickets to the game, saving us $20 plus concessions, since they were Scholarship seats. And if you'll remember back to October when we had Scholarship tickets to the Auburn/Arkansas football game, Scholarship seat come with...you guessed it...FREE FOOD! Unfortunately, the free food wasn't all that good, but we did get popcorn, drinks, cookies, and chips.

And, we were the only Baylor fans in our section, which was right behind the Baylor bench, which was awesome (we were five rows up from the floor). It was a good game. The couple on the other side of Eli was friendly. The husband told me that he was an OB just in case I needed him (excitement, etc.). That was reassuring. Haha. And the lady to the right of me wanted to chat about raising children in this area. Very pleasant.

And with much fanfare (and baby jumping around like a bean--my little Baylor fan) and some heart-stopping moments, Baylor beat Auburn. We went outside and since traffic was bad, decided to wait on the team to come out. I ran into a teacher I worked with in Tuscaloosa (who is now retired and living the life in Auburn), and also ran into the parents/in-laws of some of my friends from Baylor--Mr. and Mrs. Cornelius, for those of you who know Matt and Kayla!--who just happened to be in Opelika (from Dallas) this week doing some genealogical research and decided to come to the game when they saw Baylor was in town. It's a small world!

And, of course, we shook hands with some players--Josh Lomers (7'0"), Mamadou Dienne (7'1"), Anthony Jones (6'10"), and Tweety Carter (5'11")--before we headed home. One of the suits Baylor brought with them mentioned that he had seen us sitting in the middle of the Auburn fans. That was pretty funny.

Today was tacky day at school so I wore a too-tight-over-my-belly Baylor t-shirt with some other hideous elements. And I didn't have to work at Sylvan (told them I had something that came up--which is true of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity). So it was, overall, a very good day.

Now if the Lady Bears could just take down those Jackrabbits.

1 comment:

David in Ohio said...

Awesome! I now have a new favorite team in the tournament! GO BEARS!