Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baby Book

Okay, okay. I broke down today and bought a baby book. I looked through it first to make sure that it only covered one year, and that a majority of the information could be filled in pre-baby and new baby with only a few pages that would require some later updating.

The real reason I bought it was that it was on sale for six dollars. Yes, that's right. I got an Eric Carle baby book for six dollars. Could I really pass that up? There's a place in there for pictures of brothers and sisters. I told Eli we need to take pictures of Timmy and Coco and the baby and put them in those places. He told me I'm finally turning into the crazy cat lady.



We got the book in the sale section at the BAM in Opelika while we were there purchasing dictionaries for the middle school with my purchase order. That was part of the purpose for being out. The other purpose was to head to Target to redeem my free Diet Dr. Pepper coupon, redeem my free 20 oz. Coke coupon, and update our baby registry. I finally added a crib and some strollers--the "urban assault" stroller and the "bivy" stroller (to use Eli's terminology for the large stroller with the cup holders and underseat storage, and for the basic umbrella stroller).

For all intents and purposes, we have what we basically need for the baby: a place to sleep for the first couple of months while we transition and move (thanks, Aunt Bonnie!), diapers and wipes and the various cleaning agents (shampoo, soap, lotion, diaper cream), an infant carseat, and some clothes to wear. Everything else is just the icing on the cupcake, the wants versus the needs.

Next Sunday, the ladies at church are having a baby shower for me. It's being hosted by the judge's wife and the pastor's wife. I think it will be a little like my bridal shower in Mobile where I don't know all the cute little old ladies, haha, but it will be fun. Pastor's wife told me she was feeling really self conscious about the invitations and she didn't want to give me one since she knows I'm a "card person"--I thought that was cute. She's only 2 or 3 years older than me, and she has a 1-year-old and an almost 3-year-old--both boys! She has her hands full. :) So, I was delighted that she wanted to have a shower for me.

In a final note, for those of you who may not have looked at my facebook status--I only have ten more teaching days left until maternity leave! And six of those days are state testing days. It's all downhill from here. :)

And a final image, this is Coco sitting on my baby bump when we got home from Target this evening. He's so comfortable there. Haha.

2 comments:

The Harrell Family Adventures said...

awesome picture by the way :) oh and i will post pictures from the game asap :)

The Harrell Family Adventures said...

syd is here with me :) look for us :)