Sunday, March 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

Eli and I went up to Tuscaloosa this weekend to visit friends and to watch some Alabama softball. The star center fielder for Bama, #8 Brittany Rogers, was a student teacher on my team last year, so I e-mailed her and asked if she had tickets for this weekend. She was happy to oblige. She's so cute. It was also a bonus that Baylor was playing in the tournament, so we got to see both of our favorite teams. We both wore Baylor shirts and Bama hats. The second game of the afternoon pitted the two teams against each other and there were times when I was extremely conflicted.

We went out to lunch with my teacher friends and little sister and stayed the night with our pastor and his wife. This morning at church they had a surprise baby shower for us during Sunday school. It was so sweet. We also sang in the choir again, and then Brother Larry called on Eli to lead the congregation in the benediction. After church we went over to Shelly's house and had lunch with her family, and then we drove to B'ham to hang out with the bro-and-sis-in-law before driving back home.

Our poor kitties missed us. Poor little guys. They're so cute. I missed them, too. At one point on the drive home, when Eli was asleep in the passenger seat, there was a dog that had been hit by a car laying on the side of the road and his twin companion sat nearby just looking forlornly at his fallen companion. I cried for the next 30-40 miles. I was anxious to get home to my own furry companions.

And now I'm home and am tired of being in the car. We started thank-you notes, but really it's time for bed. I don't want to go to school this week, but what else is new? And since we weren't here to change the clocks last night, I keep looking up at the wrong time and don't realize how late it really is. Time to sleep!

No comments: