Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Musings

This month marks that my student loans from undergraduate and graduate school will total less than $8000. Seems like a lot, I know, but it is less than 1/4 the total loans I had 5 years ago--I have been working my rear end off diligently making double payments so that I can pay them off before I retire. Two more on-time payments, and my interest rate will be reduced by 1% for the rest of the loan. That should save me a little cash in the long run and help me pay off my loans even faster! And then we can make some headway on Eli's loans in our quest to become debt-free.

On a different note, I still have my sewing stuff out, but haven't done anything with it in a couple of days. Perhaps this is the weekend I finish up and put it up. Eli has defensive driving on Saturday (ha!) for a ticket he got in B'ham a couple of weeks ago (running a red light). So, that means I have the entire morning to myself, which isn't really all that remarkable since I have most of every day all to myself, but I'm trying to get errands run while people are at work. Frankly, I'm a little bit bored being at home, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And for those of you who are inquiring about the hospital bag--there are some important things in it, but I still have to do some laundry and find some clothes that I can wear home from the hospital that I won't miss between now and then. But, I have snacks, OJ, a paperwork folder, and our "short" list of baby names, as well as a bag of toiletries. Once laundry is done, I'll have a robe and some warm socks. The diaper bag is already packed, and that's the bag that has everything for baby in it, except for a "coming home" outfit. I'm going to have to find a couple of outfits in several sizes. The latest word from the doctor is that I'm going to have a "large" baby. He said he doesn't make guestimations as to pounds, just will say small, medium, or large, and while my belly is measuring at the high end of normal (which would make for a medium baby), he said I have more "side-to-side" than most--whatever that means--which is why he's saying large. Whatever.

And then, this weekend, we are going to install carseats and set up the Pack N Play. And then we'll be mostly ready. Riiiight.

1 comment:

Motorcycle grandma said...

Remember how excited we were when the ticker got down to single digits? I can't believe it's down to 1 and some days now!!! I am so ready to meet baby girl beaver!!