Thursday, May 28, 2009

3 Weeks

Um. Didn't I just write my post about two weeks? Time flies when you're having fun! Or, more accurately, when you're not keeping track of which day is which. Haha. Elsie is just so cute, and she is a good baby. My incision is healing and I can finally cough without cringing. Eli is a good daddy, taking Elsie when he gets home so that I can get stuff done around the house. So far, so good.

Eli's little sister came through on Memorial Day to meet her niece. It was nice to have someone hold Elsie while I took a nap. Also, all the Beaver children are just good with babies. Period. It's weird for me, but only because I was one of the youngest children on both sides of my family and didn't readily have access to babies. I babysat a little bit, but I can only think of two babies that I cared for. The rest were toddlers to school age children. Anyway, we enjoyed having little sister here. She's working hard at PT school and we don't get to see her much anymore now that we don't live in the same town, let alone the same state.

Elsie made her debut at the courthouse on Tuesday. Eli took her around to all his coworkers while I went to my interview. She was well received by all. I, on the other hand, was extremely early for my interview. Like..24 hours early. Whoops. And it was pouring down rain and I looked like a drowned rat, so I think it worked out for the best.

Wednesday, a sunny, non-rainy day, I actually went to my interview with the assistant superintendant, and it was pretty much the same interview I had already had at the middle school, which struck me as strange. A couple of weird things--the woman's phone rang in the middle of the interview and she answered it. That sort of thing drives me crazy. Two, the woman is from Tuscaloosa so she knew all my past principals and all the gossip. And three, she kept looking right at me without breaking her gaze, which can make a girl uncomfortable. I kept having to avert my gaze to look at the bookshelf behind her where my eyes kept catching on her copy of Good to Great, since it's a bright red book. Overall, I think it went well. She said they would be able to tell me something by the end of next week.

And then, in the afternoon, our friends J & T came over to watch the Champions League finals (soccer, for you prolate spheroid lovers), and then Stacey and the kids came in from Texas for the week, and then Eli's Uncle M came over to visit for a while, so it was busy day. The kids just love, love, love their cousin Elsie, and she is being a good girl for her only cousins. And Stacey is just doting on her only niece. You should see her--it's almost like she wants to have a little baby again. Then again, they grow up to be teenagers. Haha.

We still have to decide whether or not we stay put in this apartment. Because we have no firm job plans, we're going to have to make a relatively blind decision by...tomorrow. Not a problem. Right? I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, family is here! Cheers!

No comments: