Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Look Back

I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted. Things have been quite harried. We spent a relatively quiet Christmas Day at home, Skyping with J so she could see Elsie open the gift J gave her, then Skyping with my family, and then I got to Skype with my best friend M, who is a missionary overseas. They are many hours ahead of us. We were both in our pajamas, but for different reasons, haha.

The day after Christmas we made our way to Mobile to have Christmas with Eli's parents and siblings. We spent the night and came back after church and dinner on Sunday just in time to meet my family coming in from snowy Texas. We had a great visit--took my sisters to Sips N Strokes on Monday, went to the art museum on Tuesday, and took Elsie photos on Wednesday. Eli had to work all day, every day. I worked at Sylvan for a couple of hours each day so my sisters, dad, niece, and nephew had unobstructed Elsie time while I was away.

They left yesterday evening and suddenly my apartment was big and eerily quiet. I missed them. I miss them. But (sorry guys) it is nice to be able to walk around in my underwear again. :)

Anyway, today I took Elsie to J's for a little while, since it's been over a week since we saw her. I then went to Kohl's and spent $5 on $50 worth of stuff. I had GREAT coupons. And then I went to Hobby Lobby and Target. Didn't do much damage at either place, thank goodness. Did get a toy bin for Elsie, but that's about it.

I went and picked Elsie up and took her to the group at the hospital. It was a sort of reunion, with three other babies that I recognized that were Elsie's age, give or take two weeks. We had such a good visit! There was toy stealing and hair pulling and rice puff "sharing". Oh, and there was plenty of drool! I can't wait until summer to maybe spend some more time with these moms/babies!

So, a quick look back before tomorrow. Last year, on this very night, I set some goals for the new year. Here's how I fared.

1. I DID NOT finish the last 40 pages of Little Women. I'm not too broken up about this. I really didn't like the book, anyway.

2. I did read more for fun, though not as much as some seasons in my life. I even read some books that I wouldn't have thought to pick up before, such as some mysteries by Dick Francis, and some lesser read Grisham.

3. I did have a baby, and a cute one at that!

4. I did make an effort to spend some time being crafty. I didn't get to do as many of the baby-related crafts that I wanted, but I did get to paint and make jewelry and cards and decorate a cake.

5. I did take a class to learn something new--I went to Sips N Strokes three times and learned to make jewelry in addition to the childbirth and breastfeeding classes.

6. I think that we did okay in watching less television after Elsie came--because were were sooooo tired, but I think we backpedaled a little when football season started. But, since I've been back to work full time, I think I have been watching less overall (speaking for myself). The problem ended up being more about time spent on the computer.

So, that's the list. Tomorrow I will unveil my plans for the new year. You know, if I have time.

Cheers.

No comments: