Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Countdown

I have survived the worst of it. I had a student assault me this week (fancy words for "he physically shoved me out of the way while going after another student who he initially insulted before the other student insulted his mother") and he has been sent to the alternative school until the end of January. Stinks to be a star athlete with no self control and a bad attittude. That's life.

Same student, in response to me telling him to sit down for the umpteenth time during that class period: "Okay, sweetie."

Same student, in response to me calling his name with the intention of telling him to sit in his ASSIGNED seat for the umpteenth time during the class period: "What NOW?"

Same student, in response to me telling him to sit in his ASSIGNED seat during bus dismissal for the umpteenth time this year: "That's so retarded."

Yes, there were office referrals with at least 2/3 of those.

So, now I have two days left. Tomorrow we play games. Friday we go roller skating. I'm so ready for Friday afternoon to be here. 48 hours! Counting down!

No comments: