Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Julio!

Well, it's July, so that pretty much means that my summer is over. Haha.

I'm spending today and tomorrow morning packing for our trip to Texas. It's hard to know what to bring for three weeks, especially when packing for the baby and trying to fit both of our stuff into one suitcase (& a diaper bag). Good thing Mom and Dad have a new washer and dryer, because I think we're going to have to do a bit of laundry as we go along.

This morning, I was feeling particularly inspired as Elsie continued to sleep and I started laundry, so in proper spontaneous OCD fashion, I decided to clean out the bedroom closet. I hung all Eli's suits together, his pants together, his long-sleeved button-downs together, his polos together, his jerseys together, his flannel-wear together. I finally put up the shoe racks and put shoes on them. and made a bag of clothes to donate. Ahhhh. Relief. It was so chaotic before, and in three weeks when I return from Texas, it will be again. But for today, I feel good. I wish I had a "before" picture.

Also, I finally unpacked my hospital bag. Remember how long it took me to pack the darn thing? Yeah. It took me about as long to unpack it. I could use the excuse that I've been busy, but the truth is that after a couple weeks it just became part of the scenery and I stopped noticing it. That's how the mess starts.

I'm inspired now, because I turned on the TV and though I barely tolerate the show Clean House (the host who wears the huge flower in her hair is ANNOYING), I feel much better about my house. :) Today, they're having a "Messiest House in the Country" marathon. My house is cluttered, but it's nothing like that. In fact, my house is clean comparatively! But, I'm going to try to get it a little cleaner so that when I get back from Texas, the transition from vacationer to working mother will be less stressful.

Off to my projects. Cheers.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I LOVE THAT SHOW! I WISH THEY WORKED OUTSIDE OF LA! WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THE MESSIEST HOME SEARCH SOONER.