Friday, April 17, 2009

Down the Stretch

So, if you've been following my ticker, you know that I'm under 4 weeks until my due date. This is so crazy! Time has just flown by. I'm SO not ready, environmentally, for this baby to come. I need to clean the house, set up the Pack N Play, pack my hospital bag...still.

I just got back from Hobby Lobby, where I purchased some fabric for doing some sewing next week. My friend Ginger has a sewing machine that she doesn't know how to use, so I'm going to take some time next week to sew with her and teach her how to use it. At some point last fall I picked up an "It's SEW Easy" pattern at wally world for a simple baby dress. I went back to wally world earlier this week to look through their sale fabric, but they're in the middle of a remodel--and they've completely done away with their fabric/sewing section! Now the craft section is about an aisle and a half of yarn for knitting and random scrapbook supplies. It's just wrong. Now Hobby Lobby has the monopoly on sewing in this area, but their calico prints were on sale this week, so I went and got some black/white houndstooth fabric, from which I will make the dress in a larger size, ready for football season in the fall. And then I got some red fabric with white polka dots--very Minnie Mouse-esque. It's cute. I was really trying to stay away from pink and flowers. The truth is, I have no idea what is going to look good, so we'll just have to see how they turn out.

Wednesday night, Eli and I had a date. I can't help but count down and relish the days that it's just the two of us. Something that won't happen again for 30 years? We went to an Auburn baseball game and ate concessions for dinner. Ah, that's the life. I remember how much I loved going to Baylor baseball games and just sitting up in the stands soaking in the atmosphere--because honestly, the draw for me is the relaxed atmosphere, the smell of the grass mixed with the smell of popcorn, the generally leisurely pace of the game--oh, and the seventh inning stretch! Nobody at Auburn sings during the stretch! I was amazed. Eli and I sang along to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" while the people around us just looked at us like we were strange. To each his own, I guess.

I worked four hours at Sylvan yesterday, followed by Bible study, which ended up being our monthly social. And then I woke up bright and squirrely (for a spring break day) and went to Sylvan to help monitor progress tests. Eli is having people over tonight to watch soccer, so I have to spend the rest of my day cleaning up, putting baby stuff away.

Hey! I just got run over by a big white cat being chased by a small brown one. Watch it, will ya? Seriously.

Tomorrow I have a big day planned, headed to Birmingham for my last outing away from Auburn before baby comes (after this, I'm limited to travel within one hour of the hospital). I think that rather than give away what I'm doing, I'll tell you about it when I get back. Let's just say I'm super excited!

Until then, cheers!

No comments: