Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Floor Time

I'm working on some assignments for the online classes I'm taking right now, and I put Oscar on the floor next to me. He's about to go to sleep.

But, I've been thinking. How much time does he get to be unswaddled on a hard surface? Around the house, if we put him on the floor, Elsie is sure to come over and body slam him, or trip and fall on him, or do something else that Oscar construes as traumatic. So he doesn't get much floor time here--in fact, I think this is the first I've put him on the floor for any length of time.

The rest of the time he is on a flat surface is when he's supposed to be asleep, so we swaddle him so that he doesn't startle himself (or us) awake. For the last hour or so he's been kicking his legs and flailing his arms, fussing occasionally, but mainly just being content. It's been nice.

And I just finished my assignment for my Using Google Documents in the Classroom course. Early to bed! Wahoo! I don't have school tomorrow, but I'm treating it like a regular day, taking the kids to their respective places and heading up to the school to get things done, get caught up. We'll see how much I get done.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

Have a good day tomorrow :-)

And the most creative I can get right now is to say that the word verification is sneenta. It sound funny.