Monday, November 8, 2010

Bewailing Babes

It has not been a good couple of days. I came home from Sylvan and both babies were screaming. Wailing. Poor Eli. Here's some other reasons why:

1. Mama can't breathe. Need. More. Albuterol.

2. Oscar can't sleep. Too. Much. Albuterol. (He woke up last night at 12, 2, 4, and 6 a.m.)

3. Elsie is congested and runny, miserable and moan-y.

4. Elsie woke up at 5:30 this morning, crying/moaning/wailing, and would not go back to sleep. Did I mention that I was awake at 12, 2, 4, and 6 a.m.?!? So much for adjusting to the time change. It's a conspiracy.

5. We're exhausted. And when we're tired, we snap at each other. I just want a vacation. (Oh, wait, aren't we going to Orlando in two weeks!! Woohoo! Now if I can just get caught up at work.)

6. I am extremely behind at work. I don't even know where to begin. What I really need is a day up at work with no kids of mine or other people's. (Hey, Thursday is Veteran's Day--no school! What a coincidence! I may just survive this yet!)

7. Oscar is not Elsie. That is, he is a little more temperamental and a little less consolable by others. He likes Mama, though, and sometimes it makes me feel guilty, some times it drives me crazy, and yes, sometimes I secretly like it. Not a secret anymore.

Don't look at these as complaints, please. Look at them as prayer needs!

On the bright side, the chemistry student from the other day was waiting to go into his ACT prep class when I left and I asked him how chemistry was going. His response was basically extremely enthusiastic. He was excited to tell me that he understood electron configurations so well that he actually found himself teaching it to the "A" student in the class. Haha. He told me I did a great job of explaining it. How's that for on the fly teaching?

And now that we have local television, I guess I could be watching Dancing with the Stars! (But there's dishes to do, a sink to shine, and papers to grade.) So, instead, I'm looking forward to Castle in an hour! Haven't seen it all season!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

I'm glad you get Veteran's Day off...and I'm hoping that you also take some time to yourself!

Healing prayers to everyone!