Sunday, November 7, 2010

Falling Back

I worried with the time change that the kids might not adjust. But, they slept until six this morning, which is almost like sleeping in, because it would have been 7 a.m. were it yesterday. We woke up and went downstairs and Oscar was in a great mood. Today was the first time that he giggled for me. It was so cute that I had to call and leave Eli a message with the giggles. And then I called Mom so she could hear. And in the background, as Elsie was eating breakfast, she was laughing at us laughing. So, there was a lot of laughing going on.

And you know how it goes, it quickly turned to crying, etc. And then Elsie went back to being her lethargic self (she's still not feeling well) and had a messy diaper. And just generally moaned all morning, constantly wanting to be held. Needless to say, we stayed (and will continue to stay) home.

Eli is at drill this weekend and had to wake up early this morning to take his physical fitness test. I was glad for him that the time change worked in his favor so that he could be even more rested for it. I haven't heard how he did.

I've been trying to get stuff done around the house, but it is more challenging when one of your usually-easy-going children is not so easy going. I'm afraid Eli's going to come home to a mess, and I was really hoping to surprise him by getting some stuff done and stuff put away. I'll just have to keep telling myself, "Baby steps, baby step, baby steps. One thing at a time, and the children are more important than the state of the house."

Cheers.

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

Yup! Madeline is sick as well...the snot that a nearly-14-month-old can produce is absolutely amazing.

Hope everyone feels better soon and that Oscar avoids the colds :-)