Thursday, September 2, 2010

3 Weeks of O

We went to the breastfeeding group at the hospital today, and Oscar is weighing in at a whopping ten pounds! Oh, my! The nurse joked that I must just be full of cream. Haha. He's not a chubby baby or anything, so I'm not too worried. Elsie put on weight pretty quickly, too. At four weeks, she we 10 lbs 5 oz., so Oscar is keeping up with the sibling competition. (And maybe winning?)

I put Elsie on the scale, too, before we left, and she weighs 23 lbs. 8 oz. I knew she wasn't 25 pounds yet but she's getting there quickly. She did such a great job with the little babies around. She didn't poke any of them in the eyes; she didn't steal any pacifiers. She did step on one baby accidentally, but he didn't notice; and she did steal one mommy's water bottle, saying "cold" while running away with it. She was much loved (or at least tolerated) by the mothers. And near the end, A & J showed up as the babies cleared out, so she and J ran around a bit.

Getting out of the house with two small children is very challenging, but so far, I've made one outing per day with both kiddos. And we're doing pretty well with napping (that includes me!). I know that just when I really get into a groove it will be time for me to go back to work. Today's adventure is a good case study in why we need a double stroller. I pushed Elsie in the umbrella stroller (which was loaded down with diaper bag, snack bag, and my lunch) with one hand while wearing Oscar in a sling. It worked, but there are easier ways to do this. And I intend to make it a possibility.

Also, just in case I don't post again this week, Oscar is making his first foray out of state this weekend, as he & I head to a Beaver family wedding in GA. Elsie will go with her daddy on a different adventure. We're going to miss a birthday party for an Elsie-sized friend, and we're very sad, but it will be great to introduce the for-now-newest Beaver to the rest of the Beavers and to the will-be-newest-Beaver (the bride).

Have a good Labor Day weekend! Cheers!

2 comments:

Craig-Jen said...

GA near me?!?!?

Beaver said...

Yes! I will warn you, however, that I'm not driving myself and that I'm at the mercy of the in-laws. BUT--we're going to a wedding at Olive Springs Baptist in Marietta (just up Cobb Drive from you) and staying in a hotel nearby, though I won't know details until tonight when the Beavers roll through.

I will predict that there is a block of time tomorrow night during Bama's football game that Oscar and I will be free. :)