Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why, yes, I would like some whine with that...

Okay, I'm going to whine a little bit. Just a little, I promise. :)

You've heard it from me before: domestic duties are...never ending. There's always more dust, dirt, fingerprints, laundry, dishes to take care of--ALWAYS! It's exhausting. And temporarily satisfying when you get it all done...until you spot the sock that somehow fell out onto the floor on the way to the laundry room and it DIDN'T get washed, and now your feeling of having it all done has been ANNIHILATED by one small knit object. Not that that has ever happened to me. Never.

Monday night we stayed up until midnight finally getting the kitchen cleaned up, unpacked, childproofed, swept, mopped...COMPLETELY DONE. What a feeling! I know where everything is...but does Eli? No. Probably not.

Tuesday night we reclaimed the living room from boxes, taking boxes and putting them in their approximate locations (which was NOT the living room for any of them).

Tonight, we're maintaining. Picking up toys after Elsie's in bed (can't wait for her to be some serious help in this), washing dishes from dinner. Maintaining, maintaining, maintaining. I know, I know, 1) it's easier to keep it clean when it starts out that way, and 2) it's better to just do it and suck it up than to put it off until later (when all the food is crusted on, or whatever)... These two principals have been working well for me this week. (And week 3 of E-mealz is going just peachy, too.)

I'm still working on lesson plans. It's really mentally painful to be this organized. Haha. It's nice, though, because I can't say that I've ever put this much forethought into my lessons. I plan about a week or two ahead and generally fly by the seat of my pants. Having to plan for 7-8 weeks is excrutiatingly satisfying. A pleasant torture.

And there's still other stuff on my list of things to do, but for all intents and purposes, I'm ready for 2.0 to come. However, if I have the time, I'm going to try to organize the boxes in the dining room--boxes full of school stuff, Elsie's future library, and photographs/frames to be hung/stored/archived. And maybe, just maybe, before everyone comes from afar to visit, we will have a usable dining room again. Pipe dream? Maybe.

Cheers.

No comments: