My friend M went to the hospital at 8:30 last night to be induced, and still no word. The poor woman has been having/feeling contractions for the last couple of weeks and people have greeted her with such inspiring words as, "You look miserable!" Well, she is (or hopefully now, was). So, it's possible that these 10 hours later that she is still in labor, but I hope that she's willing to welcome some visitors later this afternoon while Eli is on Elsie-duty and I'm finishing up last minute details for my maternity leave.
Went to the doctor on Friday, and already everything is looking favorable for a VBAC than before. Already, I've eclipsed any pre-labor progress that I made with Elsie, so I'm encouraged. 2.0 is still moving around a lot, not really settling, so my feelings are that s/he won't be here this week. But what do I know?
I had a great heart-to-heart with the doctor about how much I DO NOT want to have another C-section if it can be helped, and so we talked through previous plans and decided on a new timeline.
And then I talked to Mom and used her as a sounding board for all my crazy emotions and concerns. My challenges this time are similar to last time. I'm trying to steer the vehicle of God's will in everything regarding this child's birth, and I just need to let go, sit back, close my eyes, and pray (kinda' like I did when I let someone 4 years younger than me drive me up a snow/ice covered mountain to go skiing five years ago). "Let go and let God," Mom said. That's exactly it. I don't want to choose this child's birthday--too much pressure. But lots of good choices.
So, today, Saturday, I'm taking it easy. I'm up early because I couldn't sleep after getting up at 5 a.m. to go do things that pregnant women frequently do. I couldn't sleep because I keep thinking about M and how she's doing. And I know that I"m going to need a nap today. Yes, yes I will.