Monday, February 9, 2009

Stuck

I took the day off work and went to the lab to get my 3-hour glucose test done. I was the first one in the lab this morning, and yet, I was #2. Go figure. I had false hopes when the first thing the phlebotomist did was prick my finger with one of the diabetic blood sugar testers, but then she had to actually draw blood. It was painless. An hour later, I was not so lucky. She went into the same arm (left), but couldn't get a draw, so she had to go into the other arm. My left arm will now be bruised. The next two draws were okay, both out of the right arm. And then I was free to go.

I don't know when I will find out from the doctor what the results were, but I hope I will find out soon to put my mind at ease.

I came home and took a nap. A long nap. Now I'm not going to sleep so well tonight, especially since I have to go back to work tomorrow. :(

No comments: