Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Failed

Maybe it was a self-fulfilled prophecy, but I failed the glucose test today. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. The only really unpleasant part was that the nurse had to stick me in both arms before she could find a vein. Bleh.

So, Monday I have to take the day off of work and go sit for a 3-hour test. I have to fast all night, and then go in the morning where they will take my blood four times--once before I drink the goo, and every hour on the hour for 3 hours. I sure hope they're better at finding veins.

Eli just came in from unloading the last of his hunting stuff from the car, and I evidently left the headlights on. And he tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't start. So, this stinks. He has Bible Study in the morning. And I have to get to work. And I already gave Matt back his jumper cables. So, this will be an evening of problem solving, indeed.

3 comments:

Deena said...

Failed, huh? It's not a big deal. Take advantage of a day off.

Motorcycle grandma said...

I'm not surprised you failed - you have an abundance of natural sweetness . . . they'll find that out after further testing!

Crissy and Kevin said...

No biggie- I had diabetes with Drew and its easy to take care of your slef, failed the one hour with Michaela and passed the 3 hour with flying colors... call if you need to talk!