Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Double Digits

As of today, I'm only double digit (99) days away from my due date! I can't believe time has really flown this quickly. I feel like I just called my family to share the news. It's already February! Where did that come from? I suspect that this happens from here on out. She's already walking, talking, going to kindergarten, wanting to get her ears pierced, getting her learner's permit, graduating, going to college, getting engaged, getting married, having children...and it will feel like she was just born. Isn't that how it goes? I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the "blink and you missed it" moments. I'm also trying to prepare myself to lose my identity with my child for the next 20 some-odd years. It will be a long time before she cares anything about who I was before she came into the world. It's really not as depressing as it sounds, so long as I know it's coming.

I'm ready for it to be time for my maternity leave. I'm not going to make it to the first of May without some homicidal tendencies toward teenagers. I also feel like I'm not a very good teacher right now because I got thrown into this situation in October and have just picked up where the last teacher left off without sitting down to formulate my own plan. Why are we teaching the things we're teaching? What kind of student am I trying to mold? And now, it's getting more and more difficult to stand all day. So, I feel lazy on top of all that.

Anyway, I know I put a plug about Swagbucks in another post, but I'm already up to 40 swagbucks that I won--just me! That means I'm 5 swagbucks away from getting an amazon.com gift card. It will go much faster, though, if you join because for the first 100 swagbucks you earn, I earn. That means that I've almost single-handedly earned my friend Misty an Amazon gift card, too. (You're welcome. No problem. Haha.)Being a book person, I am so ready for my gift card so that I can buy some of the things off of my ever-growing wish list.

Tomorrow is the next doctor's appointment, where they will test me for gestational diabetes. I will pass the test, but I have this sinking feeling that my sugar habits may just work against me... I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Misty said...

you're right, you are my highest earner...I hope you get some friends signed up, it goes SUPER fast.

In baby news, I can't wait for you to be a mom, I think you'll be awesome at i. You were a great 'big sis' to me ;). If you want baby related book suggestions, let me know. You're helping me to earn a bread maker, so i don't have to make my bread by hand anymore :)

The Harrell Family Adventures said...

Congrats :) I know yall will be great parents!!! I hope your next 99 days go smoothly. I'll keep you in my prayers :)