Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ode

Geez. I'm so self-absorbed that I haven't taken the time in a long time to write a husband appreciation post.

I feel like I'm losing my mind, but it would already be lost if it weren't for my soulmate, my best friend, my husband.

I don't feel like I rave about him enough. No, he's not perfect, and he never claimed to be. I'm not perfect either, but together, we're pretty darn close. He puts up with my clutter, my Mafia Wars habits, my venting, and he does an amazing job with Elsie and with helping me get out the door in the mornings.

He's very attuned to my mood, and so, as I sit here thinking about him and how wonderful he is and everything else, I keep sighing and he keeps looking up and asking if I'm okay. Yes, I'm okay. I'm better than okay because you're here, my love. I wouldn't be able to do it without you.

We've been busy busy busy and falling behind behind behind on housework, laundry, dishes, quiet times, but somehow, somehow we're still (mostly) sane.

I love you.

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

This is a sweet post...Eli is also lucky to have you my friend.

And know that you're in good company with the house and chores. I'm behind, too. But you know what? When Craig comes home from work, I've discovered that that is not the time to start in on chores. It's family time, so the toilets wait another day and we spend time as a family.

Let your dirty socks hang out another day or two ;-)