Saturday, October 3, 2009

Boy did this week fly by. I looked up and suddenly it was Saturday again. I haven't posted since last Sunday.

A quick recap of the week includes a couple of days of car repair, making it around town in one car, waking up earlier than usual to drop off an extra person at work. I was observed at work on Tuesday--it went well. Then was convicted by a sermon on busyness at Wednesday church. I think I may be a workaholic, and sadly can't imagine having only one job--it's been so long. And Friday I found a show on TV that I really like. Fox's Dollhouse, by Joss Whedon.

This morning I should have awakened early to take Elsie out to the RIF 5K or 1 Mile Walk, but we went back to bed. Eli was at the hunting camp getting stuff done for hunting season, so we had another consecutive girls' Saturday. We went adventure driving in little neighborhoods that I hadn't visited, and then ate lunch in the park with my friend Angela and Baby J, who is 2 days younger than Elsie. It was a beautiful day to sit out on a blanket under a tree and talk shop with another mother. Elsie and J hit it off. They were mesmerized touching each others' hands, and I'm pretty sure that at one point Elsie had J's finger in her mouth, sucking on them. It was funny to watch. She's a roly-poly, and he's able to put his toes in his mouth. It was interesting to see their similarities and differences in their development.

We came home and invited my favorite church friend from Houston over to watch a movie. K, Elsie, and I watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, a movie I rented because Eli would never watch it with me. If you haven't seen it, don't waste your dollar at the RedBox. I'm going to switch to past tense as I say this because it used to be true--I really liked Jennifer Garner, so I rented the movie hoping it would be entertaining, if not actually good. No dice. The whole plot made me feel archaic because I have self-esteem, morals, and values. Surely, I'm not in the minority?

Anyway, Elsie was on the floor with us, sitting on a blanket, and darned if she didn't hang on to both her feet at the same time for the first time that I've seen. Usually she picks one side or the other. I think she was truly inspired by Baby J and his incredible flexibility. Competetive. That's my girl. Ha.

So, that's the recap. We're singing in church next Sunday (10/11) and I don't even know the words to the song. Time to get to work.

Cheers.

No comments: