Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Placements

Today was the day that the teachers at TMS found out where we're being placed for 2008-2009. Of course, this is official until my contract is renewed at the end of this year, and since I'm not tenured (this is my tenure year), things are going to be touch-and-go for a while while I get all my observations in.

The good news is that I got my first choice. I'm going to UP next year, but I won't be teaching sixth grade. I have been moved up to 7th/8th grade language arts. I was really hoping that I would get a sixth grade dual placement, but I prayed that the Lord would put me where I was needed. So, I'm happy. I'll go back to having 100 kids, though. I was looking forward to having half the students in double the time, but that's okay.

I should also find out about my Praxis test today. I'm going to check the mail when I get home. I just really hope that I passed the Middle School Mathematics portion! That would mean that I am a certified math teacher for 4-8 (after a little paperwork, of course).

No comments: