Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Time

The Beavers had a great Christmas. Eli and I worked at BAM on Christmas Eve, but thank goodness, we didn't have to close. We came home and I worked on Christmas cards while Eli played PS2 for the first time in a very long time. We stayed up late.

Christmas Day, we slept in and when we woke up, we fed the cats and exchanged presents. Afterward, we watched Gone with the Wind--yes, all four hours of it--because I got it for Eli for Christmas. We spent the rest of the day eating, reading, napping, vegging around the house and got absolutely nothing accomplished. It was wonderful (though I wouldn't string too many days like that together).

I started a book called Split Ends by Kristen Billerbeck, one of my favorite contemporary Christian chick fiction authors. I couldn't put it down, and ended up staying awake until 2 a.m. to finish it. I love books that you can't bear to put down.

Anyway, Eli left early this morning to go hunting, and I have to work tonight. Tomorrow, Stephanie and I are driving down to the hunting camp to meet the boys, and then to Mobile. Family Christmas is on Saturday. It will be nice to spend time with the Beavers this Christmas.

No comments: