Monday, December 3, 2007

BAM!

I started back at the bookstore yesterday. My last day there was February 24 of this year, and a lot of things have changed, but it just felt the same (except with a LOT more carpet to vacuum).

There are times when I ask myself why I'm doing this. I didn't actually think about it. I just did it. And it comes back to my goal of having my debts paid off before I'm thirty. (I have to reapeat this to myself over and over again--it will all be worth it!)

The crux is this: What am I doing?!? It takes 5 hours at BAM to make as much money as I make in only one hour of tutoring! I'm working at BAM for the discounts, of course, but also because over the holidays I can't tutor, and I definitely couldn't get 30 hours a week of tutoring. I feel a little bit of loyalty to the people at BAM, but not so much to the dismal pay. Even with minimum wage going up...it really stinks.

Alas, I have consumer debt that I have to pay off. But how long will I stay with BAM? I'm already looking for a job for this summer...

No comments: