Sunday, June 27, 2010

Starry, Sleepy Night

Hooray! For the first time since we moved to Alabama five years ago, D is here! I traveled to see her in DE twice, because, face it, there's so much more to do in the Northeast than there is in my little corner of the South. It's been two years since I've seen her, though. Can you believe time has flown so quickly since our NY/Boston adventure?

She flew into B'ham on Friday night, so the whole family went to greet her. We stayed at M&S's place and then hung out on Saturday for the USA v. Ghana game (which we watched at a pub--Elsie was great, but now her nose is running like a faucet, which I think is due to the smokiness of the venue). Made a mad dash back to Auburn/Opelika and I took D to my favorite place in which I only indulge with others, Sips N Strokes. We tried our hand at a well-known masterpiece. Not too shabby. But as Eli said when we got homeat 10:30 p.m. there's a reason Van Gogh is famous. But I'm still impressed. The place was packed with painters and I feel mine was better than at least half. Haha.

My rendition of the masterpiece:



The two of us, late at night, ready to go to sleep after a long day and a long class:



So that was the end of full day one. I don't have much planned except for a trip to ATL to see JT and little M on Monday. I'm stoked. :)

Cheers.

1 comment:

Kerry Duty said...

How fun! Say hi to D and JT for me!!

PS Your paintings look great!!