Monday, June 21, 2010

The Longest Day of the Year

This past weekend was the weekend of Eli. Saturday was his birthday and Sunday was Father's Day.

Despite all the other hectic things we have going on in our lives right now, I want to take a minute to say how much I LOVE this man and how thankful I am to God that He put Eli in my life.

Eli is the best friend a girl could want--he's corny, he's smart, he's decisive.

I couldn't ask for a better husband (he totally put the trash can by the curb last night without any prompting) or baby daddy (he takes his turn putting Elsie to bed...oh, yeah).

I am blessed.

And today is the summer solstice--the longest day of the year. Not that that really means anything since Elsie went to sleep pretty much on time, but it was nice to curl up next to Eli on the chaise lounge and watch the entire replay of Portugal decimating the commies in the World Cup. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

and now the days begin to get shorter:(