Friday, April 9, 2010

11 months (and 2 days)

It's been difficult to sit down with the computer these last couple of days as we prepared for Eli to leave for four days (he's in Chicago with the CG for a weekend training session).

So, our little girl is 11 months old. Geez. It's happened so fast! This month, there's not too much to report. She's much more talkative and has added some sounds that she makes more and more consistently. She's a ham when we go in public and someone smiles and makes eye contact. Still only the one tooth, but I can see the one next to it coming in--I half expected it to break through for her 11 month birthday, but it didn't happen. She's decided crawling is faster, and her poor little knees are scratched and bruised up--but not to the point of anyone calling CPS/DHR or anything. Just little girl getting into everything. Eli started bribing her to cruise instead of crawl by putting a trail of fruit-flavored puffs around the coffee table. It's funny. She's also gotten much better at holding her own bottle.

This month I'm hoping to complete the transition from bottle to cup. We're still working. And I think the table food thing is moving slowly because she doesn't have any notable teeth to help her chew. One tooth does not a food ripper make.

Anyway, it's just the two of us girls for the weekend. After school, Elsie and I went to Target where I bought a tube of glow bracelets to keep me company tonight as I watch a chick flick from the Redbox that Eli will gag about when I tell him what it is (think unrealistic sparkles in the daylight, part 2). So, I'm sitting here on the couch with any number of glowing bracelets connected as necklaces and eating crunchy gummy bears that I also got at Target. Another Friday night.

Tomorrow, I work at Sylvan in the a.m. so I have to take Elsie over to J's house. I think I'll leave her there until noonish and then we'll go to the library for a play date. Tomorrow night I have tickets to Tao: The Martial Art of Drumming, and I finally found someone to go with me. I'll leave Elsie with J again. And then Sunday I work in the nursery so I'll miss "big church." I feel like there might be something I'm supposed to do in the afternoon, but I can't remember. Dang pregnancy brain.

Anyway, that's what's going on in our neck of the woods for now.

Cheers.

No comments: