Saturday, May 19, 2012

IX

It has been nine short years since the husband and I officially vowed to spend the rest of our lives together.  That was so long ago that, dare I say it, it was in the time before digital photography!  So, alas, I have no nostalgic photos to share.  Perhaps I'll get my act together this year and have a scanned photo ready for Anniversary X.

We dated for over two years before we were engaged; then we were engaged for seven months.  So we casually add about three years to our "togetherness".  I remember at the time I felt like we knew what we were doing.  Then a couple of years later I was looking back and wondered how on earth we thought we knew what we were doing because we had been so young!  Time and maturity change perspective for sure.  And to think at almost-24, I felt like an old maid.  [That's because I hadn't been almost-33 yet.]

I blinked and a decade nearly passed.  Now we're starting to gray, wrinkle, and ache.  And from what I understand, it's only the beginning of a long road I look forward to sharing.

And I thank the Lord for His providence--finding my other half that dozen years ago, one with whom I can and will gray, wrinkle and ache with grace (and patience and tolerance and humor and poop talk).

Elijah mine, I love you.

-E

No comments: