Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sniffle, sniffle

Elsie may be sick for the first time. I'm not sure.

While she was eating in the night, I realized that she was having a hard time because she couldn't breathe out of her nose--snorting a bit, and having to let go and relatch with very swallow. This morning, her nose was stuffed up with snot, and there was a really big green booger in her right nostril that was playing peek-a-boo every time she tried to breathe.

I checked her temperature this morning and she wasn't running one, so I took her on over to J's. J reported a dry cough, lots of sneezing, and not eating well. I brought her home, and when we got inside, she had a runny nose. I took her temperature and she still didn't have a fever. I called the after hours nurse at the pediatrician anyway, and she said not to worry unless Elsie's temperature got above 100.5 degrees, or if she started wheezing, or if she started getting cranky and losing her appetite.

So, maybe she just has allergies like her mama?

And thank you for reassuring me about the hair loss. It's still really weird, but I'm glad I'm not alone. Haha.

Cheers.

No comments: