Sunday, May 26, 2013

Potty Training the O-Man, Day 2

Day two was much better than day one.

I believe that we only went through four pairs of underwear, unlike the 15 or so that we used on day one.  So, progress?

It's vacation, so of course Oscar woke up before me.  Since he had peed in the middle of the night and I had already changed him, he woke up dry.  But, about fifteen minutes later, 7:00, I came downstairs to him sitting around in poopy underwear.  And yes, there was squishy poop in places in my house that I would rather not have it. (We cleaned it up.)  So, we disposed of the poop in the potty (washed that underwear in a load by itself in a not-so-earth-friendly manner), and Oscar got into the bathtub.  It was the only way to get it all.  Toddler wipes be darned.

9:00 a.m. -- Pee in his underwear.
10:30 a.m. -- Pee in the potty!
12:00 p.m. -- Pee in the potty!
1:45 p.m. -- Pee in the potty!

After that, Oscar took a nap and woke up before me.  So we had to change his underwear when I woke up.    Shortly after, we had to change his underwear again, but I'm pretty sure it was because he dumped a whole ton of water on it while playing outside since it was wet all over.  Then, at one point, the boy was running stark naked in the backyard.  Upon closer inspection, so was his sister.  But, he stopped to use the potty.

He was good about using the potty.  He is definitely motivated by chocolate.  He used the potty twice before bedtime.

I checked on him around 11 p.m. and he was dry.

A good day, indeed.

Cheers.


Continue to Day 3 here.



No comments: