Monday, January 31, 2011

Still here.

Don't worry about us. We're still here, but we're trying to get our stuff together as our time together as a family becomes less and less. Eli leaves this weekend for training. I'm still in denial, or something. I might be too busy thinking about what I'm going to do while he's gone to make the most of the time that he's here.

This is my last week at Sylvan until July (maybe, we'll see), and I worked tonight, and will finish out the week on Wednesday. The new director asked me tonight if I wanted to work tomorrow night, too. I was already armed with my sarcastic reply, but somewhere in me, somewhere deep down inside, the mature Erin responded politely that I did not, that this was the last week with my husband at home and I was going to spend my free time with him.

And how do we spend our last days together? He was asleep by 8 this evening, and I'm headed to bed as soon as I brush my teeth. Yes, quality time for two exhausted, working parents.

Cheers.

No comments: